Sindhi Recipes> Sindhi Food> Thadal > Natural Cold Drink
Like the most of human communities Sindhis also have tradition of cooking some special food for specific Sindhi festival. Thadal - the natural and famous Sindhi cold drink is associated with Mahashivratari and Holi, where as Tikyoon and Lola is the festival food for the festival of Thadadi. Koohar & Ranh are distributed as sesa of Jhulelal.
1.5 liter Water, About 300gms Sugar [ Vary As per your Taste], 250 ml. Milk , About 20 pc of Almonds [Badami], 1 Table Spoon each of seeds of Kharboj [watermelon] & Tarbooj [cantaloupes], 1/2 Table Spoon each of Vaduf [aniseed], iliayachi powder [cardamom], & Khuskhus [ poppy seeds], About 10 kara Mirch [ black peeper], 50gm Gulkand or 20 dried / fresh rose petals. Rose water is wordpress also used by some people.
Soak the sugar in about 0.5 liters of water.
Clean all the ingredients & soak them in 400 ml. of water. Keep the mixture for 2-3 hours.
Grind the soaked ingredients for getting a paste. add the remaining water and put under strong stir.
Filter the liquid, add sugar solution, milk and rose water. Mix well.
Get chilled before serving, can add ice for the purpose.
You can try this also :
1. To remove the skin of almonds easily, soak them in hot water for 15-20 minutes.
2. Putting 3-4 cloves in sugar container will keep the ants at bay.
3. Apply mashed banana over a burn on your body for cooling effect.
4. To keep celery fresh for a long time, wrap it in aluminium foil and place in the refrigerator.
5. To make Bhindi fry more crispy - add a tbsp of curd or lemon juice when frying the bhindis.